It’s been a little while since I have been here, workshops, things happening, designing, making, finishing thing up so here are a few highlights from my past few weeks. Finishing up the forget-me-not: Got caught in an almighty rain storm, but it was beautiful although damp: Spent time trying to photograph bluebells for […]
It’s been too long, too long since I last wrote here, too long since I last painted in my studio and too long since I had a day off. Two entire weeks with no windows of escape so please forgive the length of this post but there is so much to say. I don’t want […]
I love colour, collecting bits that I find, bits from magazines, papers, leaves, things on the floor, making colour in my sketchbooks repeatedly. Then equally I love tones of grey, mutes and hues, the way the snow made everything look monochromatic and then a pop of colour here and there. You know the question “what […]
Here are some things I found: penguins or rather a penguin found in the snow and it makes me smile saying what you think – I said some things out loud that have been keeping me awake at night for a long time, then other people say they are thinking the same as you and […]
On Saturday, I went with Skein Queen, Melarno and Skein Princess to visit the studio of Elisabeth Beverley, maker of beautiful plant dyed yarn. It was an adventure, a sunny but cold morning (there had been snow in other parts of the UK) winding our way through the autumnal countryside and when we were almost […]
I really am wanting to finish Onda ~ I have been ticking things off, cards, designs, patterns, plans, posting things, writing up things, prepping for the markets (and Christmas – yikes – family knits) and it’s the Onda calling. But still there is more to do, another post to put up for the Secret Market, […]
Back now from our "dyeing to unwind" gite retreat in France, feel totally unwound and content and wish I was back there with new friends that we made. The pictures will explain more: Can’t wait until 2013.
So Jack Frost may be nipping at my toes and it’s the perfect excuse to roll out the hand knit cashmere bedsocks, wooly hats and the works but I am also thinking of Paris in the Springtime, well not quite Paris and a little later than Spring but still France (and I can’t help it […]
As promised here are images of things that I have been making. Firstly, updating the Snooks Pattern – I loved knitting this the first time around and I wanted to improve it (also because the lovely KurlyKnits is redoing all the pattern layouts) it seemed the perfect time to add any amendents – so now we […]
So we got back safe and sound (much to my relief, but I won’t go into that) and we had an amazing time with much laughter, amusement and celebratory activities. Ro (aka Novasteel) was a fabulous host, we learnt a lot, enjoyed lovely company, made some new Ravelry friends and were reacquainted with people who […]
Jacksons Birthday Candle Pattern (it’s free)
- Ella: Wow you've been busy! Love the Granny Squares! An...
- alabamawhirly: yes Zoe, they will be running again : ) Thank you ...
- Zoe: I LoVe your hair and you look sooo gorgeous in tha...
- Richard: Hi there! I have created a new crochet charity and...
- fatima malagueira: Looks like you had a great time, thank you for sha...
- fatima malagueira: Beautiful post. Release is the way forward, I find...
- skeinqueen: absolutely the right thing to do - get it all out,...
- more knitting and a busy week/end June 19, 2009
- Camping and going away July 26, 2009
- Reasons to be slacking May 13, 2009
- and the treats kept coming July 19, 2009
- I love a competition September 25, 2009
- lovely suprises in the post June 15, 2009
- Love November 21, 2012
- Aunt Elsie’s Christmas Do, Thurs 5 – Sat 7 December November 21, 2013
- I have missed you November 14, 2013
- so since I have last been here June 17, 2013
- Making and Art Classes with me. May 10, 2013
- The things I have done.. May 7, 2013
- The things I have made – running away to the sea – part III April 10, 2013
- Running away to the Sea – part II April 10, 2013