tin no 22 – departure, originally uploaded by alabamawhirly. tin no 22 – departure So many things to go in, so little space, in the end I went for special stickers, a stone heart, a scrabble letter *y*, a knit happens badge, a small sample of soap from BlueMarmalade and a gift from my […]
tin no 22 – arrival, originally uploaded by alabamawhirly. tin no 22 – arrival Here is the tin I was sent as part of the project find me. Ninety of these tins have been sent out and left around Britain (and a few to the US) as part of an experiment. Tracey Tucker, the […]
Yesterday was a very sad day, our beautiful Eros has died after more than 13 years of a wonderful life together. This woman’s best friend. I keep thinking I see him as I move around the house, which has become empty without the sound of his paws padding on the wooden floor. Echoes of him […]
eros, originally uploaded by alabamawhirly. My baby dog, getting very old now – 91 years old and suddenly he seems to have aged But we made it to the sea together, slept in the van, paddled in the sea, sat on the top watching the kids surfing..an important place in our life.
Lots of the UK Etsy sellers are having a Spring Sale! Woohoo! The sale starts on April 1st (no, it’s not an April fool…) and ends on the 8th and features a grand total of FIFTY-TWO lovely shops offering a wide range of discounts and freebies with products bought that week. Open to buyers WORLDWIDE, […]
I heard this on the radio today, an adaptation of The Women’s Room by Marilyn French and this phrase has stuck in my head. I wish I had something prophetic to say about it but it is still weaving it’s way through my mind.
Knit night keeps me from going crazy although it was HE’s first night back from being away for three weeks. We all squeeze in to my tiny house, drink tea, eat cake, treats including maple syrup scone made by knitwit laugh more, put the world to rights, talk about big things, little things and things […]
So many ideas of things I want to start and there are things still wiating to be finished. The house is crazy with boxes here and there, a plasterer on a promise to come next week, a ton of knitting to get done and tomorrow the 1st of December..yikes
Jacksons Birthday Candle Pattern (it’s free)
- alabamawhirly: Thank you Lea, that is very kind : )...
- lea lacoste: gorgeous!! most definitely my favorite piece from ...
- Plant Dyed Yarns »: […] this yarn s created by a painter, using ...
- Ella: Wow you've been busy! Love the Granny Squares! An...
- alabamawhirly: yes Zoe, they will be running again : ) Thank you ...
- Zoe: I LoVe your hair and you look sooo gorgeous in tha...
- Richard: Hi there! I have created a new crochet charity and...
- more knitting and a busy week/end June 19, 2009
- Reasons to be slacking May 13, 2009
- Camping and going away July 26, 2009
- and the treats kept coming July 19, 2009
- I love a competition September 25, 2009
- lovely suprises in the post June 15, 2009
- Love November 21, 2012