I am inspired every single day, my head hurts sometimes as there are so many ideas and my sketch books are full of potential waiting to come out. I am inspired by films, books, everyday life, paintings I see, people I meet, often things I make are inspired by one specific person. I have a collection of objects I find and my house is wheezing at the sides full with odd things that I love so I just get to look around sometimes and make something new. Random inspirations before have come from Mork (from Mork and Mindy), Johnny Rotten form the Sex Pistols, Joan of Arc, Bridget Riley, Pippi Longstocking and Johnny Depp ala Edward Scissorhands so an eclectic mix from an often mis-spent youth. What is the first thing you can remember making by hand? How and why did you make it? The first knitted thing I made was, yes you are right, a scarf… the most painful early experience ever as it seemed to take a long time and I managed to make an accidental wavy edge and holes in it but it held together – I can’t remember how old I was but I was very young. Apart from that I just really remember painting and loving colour and being glad when it was a rainy day so we could stay inside and get the paints out. I am a geek about so many things and have weird oddities but am the proud owner of a rocking set of t-shirts and too many stashes of yarn, more then anyone would ever need in a lifetime.
You are here: Home > About
Jacksons Birthday Candle Pattern (it’s free)
So, do you want to get started? Click here to get your free pattern download
alfredos anarchy in the UK art artists badges birds cake circles competition crochet design emma bradbury family France friends gite retreat giveaway hand dyed Iknit jacksons jelly johnny rotten jumper knit knitting knitwit mad mabel outcasts pattern patterns pattern writing picnic poetry portugal post ravelry salvo toscano skating skirt skein queen skeinqueen snooks susan crawford tea party yarn ysolda
- alabamawhirly: yes Zoe, they will be running again : ) Thank you ...
- Zoe: I LoVe your hair and you look sooo gorgeous in tha...
- Richard: Hi there! I have created a new crochet charity and...
- fatima malagueira: Looks like you had a great time, thank you for sha...
- fatima malagueira: Beautiful post. Release is the way forward, I find...
- skeinqueen: absolutely the right thing to do - get it all out,...
- Grannies in the Snow | Skein Queen: [...] A tale of four blankets by alabamawhirly [.....
- more knitting and a busy week/end June 19, 2009
- Reasons to be slacking May 13, 2009
- Camping and going away July 26, 2009
- and the treats kept coming July 19, 2009
- I love a competition September 25, 2009
- Love November 21, 2012
- lovely suprises in the post June 15, 2009
- Making and Art Classes with me. May 10, 2013
- The things I have done.. May 7, 2013
- The things I have made – running away to the sea – part III April 10, 2013
- Running away to the Sea – part II April 10, 2013
- Running away to the sea – part I April 5, 2013
- The Alternative Queen April 1, 2013
- In and Out March 19, 2013