That’s right, there are a new set of making and art classes coming up with me, in my studio in the centre of Reading. Here are the first two: Saturday 8 June, 10am-12.30pm Make a Granny Square – actually you will make more than one in that time, this is aimed at the beginner or [...]
The things I have done – there is a reason why this blog has been a bit quiet lately. Firstly there was the Reading Contemporary Art Fair, I should have been exhibiting, that was one of my deadline but life stepped up, my mojo slid and other priorities came by – so that maybe that [...]
So the packing that we all take in our family trip to the sea predominantly involves things to make, or make things with or to play with. Clothes packing is pretty low comparative to projects to see through. Twin 2 had already discussed a jumper he wanted (remember his previous design foray) As usual there [...]
Is it only 11 days since I have returned form the sea. Longer than the time I spent there but I can still hear it and looking back over the photos reminded me of why I loved it there. – more to come, running away to the sea – part [...]
Running away to the sea was the best thing I had done – we became strangers to the world, the internet didn’t work, phone reception was ropey and we went through seasons over a week, sunshine, light rain, sleet, snow, sunshine. Best thing was that I found my mojo, it must have just been in [...]
I missed the grand event of the unveiling of the Alternative Queen, it was just a sad week for me and I didn’t know if I could upkeep the smile but the lovely Steph did send me some photos of the grand crowning of the Queen, Dame La Reine. It’s my first ever grown up [...]
There has been much In and Out for the past few weeks, literally and metaphorically, there have been plenty of babies born, babies brewing and much talk about new life. Following on from this there has also been much making of things for small people, an Intrepid Fox to New Zealand, a Tawny Owl to [...]
It’s been too long, too long since I last wrote here, too long since I last painted in my studio and too long since I had a day off. Two entire weeks with no windows of escape so please forgive the length of this post but there is so much to say. I don’t want [...]
An Alternative Queen or the nearest I’ll come to being the Alternative Queen… I have alluded to it, just a little bit over here, I have been given the honorary task of creating the crown for the first Alternative Queen of Reading. By a set of extraordinary events (of course) Steph, one of the ogranisers [...]
Really more found then lost. I have found that I never lost my painting mojo, its addictive. I completed the crown and sceptre for The Alternative Queen of Reading, using a lot of found things. I can’t show you just yet as it’s a surprise… Had a lovely studio visit with Lisa today and she [...]
Jacksons Birthday Candle Pattern (it’s free)
- alabamawhirly: yes Zoe, they will be running again : ) Thank you ...
- Zoe: I LoVe your hair and you look sooo gorgeous in tha...
- Richard: Hi there! I have created a new crochet charity and...
- fatima malagueira: Looks like you had a great time, thank you for sha...
- fatima malagueira: Beautiful post. Release is the way forward, I find...
- skeinqueen: absolutely the right thing to do - get it all out,...
- Grannies in the Snow | Skein Queen: [...] A tale of four blankets by alabamawhirly [.....
- more knitting and a busy week/end June 19, 2009
- Reasons to be slacking May 13, 2009
- Camping and going away July 26, 2009
- and the treats kept coming July 19, 2009
- I love a competition September 25, 2009
- Love November 21, 2012
- lovely suprises in the post June 15, 2009
- Making and Art Classes with me. May 10, 2013
- The things I have done.. May 7, 2013
- The things I have made – running away to the sea – part III April 10, 2013
- Running away to the Sea – part II April 10, 2013
- Running away to the sea – part I April 5, 2013
- The Alternative Queen April 1, 2013
- In and Out March 19, 2013